The Swimming Saves Lives Foundation and Blue Wave Aquatics are teaming up to host a learn-to-swim class for adults living with MS. The nine-week session will be offered at the Tukwila Pool on Fridays, from 5:00-6:00 pm, beginning Feb 28.*
Cost is $50 to cover insurance and United States Masters Swimming (USMS) registration. Lessons
are free of charge and will be taught by USMS coaches who are also certified by the National MS Society.
All swimming levels are welcome. Instructors will teach breathing, balance, and efficient swimming
movements in a fun and supportive environment.
- Participants need to provide:
- Transportation to the pool
- Proper swimwear, goggles, towel and shower supplies
- Plastic water bottle (no glass)
- Must have bowel continence
- No open wounds
- Must be able to dress and undress in the locker room or provide your own caregiver to assist you.
- Caregivers are welcome in the water for the 1st four weeks of class (if 18 or older). If the aide would like to continue to support their client a USMS registration is required.
Class size is limited to 20. The first 10 to enroll will receive free goggles; complimentary swim caps will be provided to all participants. The Tukwila Pool is equipped with a chair-lift and hand rails. If you are in a wheelchair and need assistance into the pool, we ask that you bring a qualified aide to help you.
*Final class is 5/9. No class 4/4 or 4/11.